Thursday 18 March 2010

A new book review


Snuscentral.org have recently reviewed Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: A History of Anti-Smoking:

Written by Christopher Snowdon, the book is somewhat different than I expected. It is not a defense of smoking. It is much more a connecting of the dots from the earliest failed attempts to eradicate smoking shortly after a couple of sailors on Columbus’s journeys brought tobacco to Spain, to the modern incarnation of today’s rabid anti tobacco activists.

I recommend anyone interested in this topic to buy a copy. Mine is already dog-eared and well used looking. It’s a great reference tool/resource to have handy when debating anti-tobacco forces.

The whole thing is here.

My new book will be out late April/early May. Details to follow in the next few weeks.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new book! What a delight to anticipate!

I follow your blog not only for the good information and good reasoning, but also for the pleasure in reading lucid writing.

jsidney

Ben Adams said...

I am always looking for articles relating to smoking because I believe that those who would take time writing and researching about it are those who would want to help smokers live a healthier and happier lives and I just salute them for all their efforts. I hope you will continually publish good and interesting books so you can help more people. I also want to help others that is why I urge people to read the best ways on how to quit smoking.